This is a time for us all to reflect on how we can center Muslim communities. Ask yourself: How are Muslim communities impacted by the issues I stand in solidarity with? Are they visible in my work, or are they erased? How can I do more?
Provided below are a list of simple things all of us can do …
Here’s how you can support our Muslim Brethren:
- Be mindful of the workload of practicing Muslims this month. As allies, we must ask ourselves how to better support our colleagues during this time
- Make space and grace for prayer times that may conflict with meetings or assignments. Prayer times vary by location, so ask to accommodate.
- Respectfully acknowledge Ramadan in meetings and at events.
- Learn about the connection between Islamophobia & anti-Blackness (anti-Africanness).
- Don’t assume that someone is fasting.
- Give to causes benefiting Muslim communities